Thursday, September 2, 2010

Motivation

I don't know why, but I'm feeling a little bit of pressure lately to keep moving, to accomplish, to get something done. I feel like I've gotten a lot done this week, but when I think about it, I haven't exactly been lazy the last few weeks, either - my attention has just been focused in one or two areas, so other areas suffered a bit. Hence, when Monday rolled around, I felt like I'd let too much slide too far and panicked. Luckily, I think I have everything shored up now, just in time for two long weekends in a row (made longer by the fact that I got this afternoon off since Natalie was missing Abigail and came home early).

I got my room cleaned and organized after it having been rearranged for the mattress fiasco, I got my truck cleaned out (I still need to swing by my mechanic to use their vacuum/wash center, but I'm hoping to get this done later today), I cleaned out my closet and got the excess bagged up to take to either the thrift store or a friend, I got all my laundry done, and now I'm pretty much ready for a little down-time. I'm gonna go take an afternoon nap - the highest of all luxuries, in my opinion - and get ready to go out for dinner and some errands/shopping with Maggie tonight, our weekly girl's night out. :)

On another note... last night I stayed up way too late. Like, by the time I turned out my light it was 11, and I like to be tucked in and snoring by 8:30 or 9. I used to be so good about that, but in the last few months, I think because of the summer and it being hard to fall asleep when it's still light out, I've sort of lost my self-discipline. Anyway, by the time I jumped in the shower to wash my hair, it was already 9:50 and so when I got out, I decided to blow-dry it since I wanted to look nice for gymnastics class and Abby's preschool open house today. I pulled out my round brush and blow dryer, and the little focus-attachment thingy, and as I was retrieving all this (can you tell I only blow-dry my hair once in a blue moon? I have fine hair and it dies quickly under heat, plus it has great texture when I air-dry, so I try to avoid blow-drying like the plague!), I noticed a bottle of Suave heat protector spray I'd picked up on clearance eons ago. So I figured, protecting your hair from heat, that's good! So I sprayed some on my hands and worked it into my hair and began drying.

Right away, I could tell I'd broken rule number one of my treaty with my hair: no product, or at least as little product as possible. My hair doesn't like product. The few exceptions to this are: a quick spray of hairspray if I spray it on my hands and then smooth it over my hair; a small dollop of anti-frizz cream (a SMALL dollop); and some Aussie Mousse+Leave-in Conditioner. Clearly, heat protector spray does not fall into any of these categories.

My hair dried up okay, and it actually looked good - nice and smooth, no frizzies, not too dull - but it felt awful. I could tell it was thinking of ways to make me pay.

Today it still looks nice, but it still feels rotten. I've tried giving it a light brushing, hoping that would remove some of the product, but no go. I'm thinking tonight I'll do a nice deep conditioning treatment before I wash it and hope that we can kiss and make up. *guilty look*

Also - I just checked the college website, and I am now the only person listed on the waitlist for that class I really want to take - EE! I am so happy! I also wrote to the professor asking if I could sit in on the first class, since I could conceivably get a place as late as a week after the start of class, and he wrote back and said to come see him, we'll "work something out." Like I said, thanks so much for your prayers!

No comments: