Monday, January 30, 2017

Lately

Reading: finished "Before I Fall" (liked it). Began "Every Day Is A Holiday". Still working on "The Art of Work" even though I'm less and less enthused about it.

Listening to: Kenny Loggins' "Pooh Corner" albums (childhood memories!). Lots of worship music during a week where I've often had a sore heart, and had to remind myself that God is good even when His people aren't.

Bought: new shoes (dearly needed - my other pair is really worn). A pair of shorts on clearance. Because summer must come eventually.

Creating: a crocheted coffee sleeve, and now a crocheted tea set. I had the weirdest compulsion to buy yarn early this week, which was odd since I had no project in mind, and as soon as I had I found a good use for it. :)

Happy about: David Tennant telling us that everything will be okay. ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns&v=2uQFfpe6C18)

Thinking about: something I wrote earlier this week, that my favorite things in my life now have their roots deep in hard times where it felt like no good would ever come. This tiny house I adore, my jobs that I love, so many people, so many lessons that have helped make me who I am... they all directly connect to dark moments.  I have hope that this next few years will be the same.

No comments: