Friday, January 13, 2017

This Week

- Celebrating my dad's birthday (I gave him "The Girl On The Train" because it was easily my favorite book of 2016, and I can't wait to see what he thinks). Dinner another night with my extended family at my grandparent's house. I have spent so much time with my loved ones in the last few weeks, and it's been wonderful.

- I finished "The Last Battle" and now I'm listening to "The Killing Season" by Alex French, narrated by David Drummond. Still working on "The Art of Work."

- Eating cinnamon pecans that Amy bought and shared and I loved so much I went and bought my own bag; Indian butter chicken (one of the meals I made and froze during my holiday cooking spree); NOT drinking the Aquafina brand seltzer water I bought because it was on sale and only later realized it had sugar added - so mad at this perversion of seltzer water!

- Taking these past couple days to focus on being in the moment with the kids, and getting to spend lots of time in snuggling and playing and making art and reading out loud. We started Pippi Longstocking and they seem to like it. Also played three rounds of the new educational "Wash My Underpants" game I bought at Target (who names these things?!).

- Still drinking my kombucha and green juice and taking apple cider vinegar and feeling good. I bought a new kind of vegan protein powder to start using again. Also coconut oil tablets to add to my routine (but I also need to buy the real thing).

- I did an excellent job of keeping the house clean this week. :) And I managed to clean out, wipe down, and vacuum the car this week too! I cleaned the boy's cages tonight,  so my housekeeping chores are done for the weekend!

No comments: