Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bits and pieces

What to post about, what to post about? :)

Not much is going on for me right now besides work and getting ready for fall.



I still enjoy snuggling with the family's latest baby, "Ranger". I have never considered myself a cat person - I'm for dogs all the way! - but Ranger has almost changed my mind. :)



I can't wait for the homeschool co-op to start again - I'm teaching two classes this year, "Writing and Composition" and "Film and Television," both at the upper high school level - but just in case the year doesn't go as smoothly as I anticipate, I'm prepared (see above :)).

This morning, after I was unable to sleep in (my last chance to do so for eight more days, but my body is used to getting up at 5 AM these days), Maggie and I ducked out for a little shopping and lunch date. I had money in my pocket to spend on new shoes for fall, and legitimate reason (it seems like all my shoes save pumps are literally falling apart!), but I couldn't find anything I liked that also fit well. Eep. Time to go to the mall, I guess.

I was in the mood to explore, so we ducked into the new Irish pub in town to check it out. No pictures, as I did not have a camera with me. Unfortunately the menu failed to grab either of us (the most "interesting" thing listed was a grilled chicken breast stuffed with apples and brie with plum sauce, but it was the only interesting thing and was priced quite a bit higher than the rest of the menu). Maggie ended up ordering a pub salad, and I went for the fish and chips. Maggie's salad was a bit of a flop - a very large bowl of lettuce with a few (very few) slices of green pepper and cucumber - but my fish and chips were actually better than the average seafood restaurants' around here. We both fell head over heels in love with their thick steak fries in malt vinegar. I don't know what they do to those potatoes, but goodness! Mmm!

The atmosphere was fun - lots of Irish folk music - but if we returned I think I'd throw "high dining" to the wind and aim for the fried. :)

My car air conditioning lost its oomph this week and though I was only without it for a few days, I am grateful to my dad for recharging it. I have had about enough of summer. I am looking forward to fall, sweaters, and tights!

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Wow!! Where can I get me one of those???!!!!

Rose said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. Yes, I do recognize that I completely ignored the part of the verse where it talks about the virgin's hair going uncovered. The reason I did this, was because it didn't help with the point I was trying to make. Headcoverings are no doubt a controversial topic among Christians but one that I am not afraid to talk about. I the near future, I will be writing another post on headcoverings and my changing opinion of 1 Corinthians 11.

Taleia said...

Charmaine - the eraser? Lol, I love it! I think my mom got it at the dollar store...

Paulina - my criticism was perhaps harsher than I intended. :) I only wanted to point out that if we start "pick and choosing" Bible verses, we head into dangerous areas. I look forward to reading your upcoming post! :)