(for a pin, barrette, clip, magnet, etc!)
I wasn't going to do a crochet craft, since not everyone can crochet, but this flower that I designed this week is so quick and easy I'm pretty sure almost anyone can do it! Plus, with the wedding of a close friend this week, and all the prep for that, I haven't had any time to do any other crafting. :( If you don't crochet, why not try it out? I've linked up all the stitches to tutorials from Crochet Today, and taken lots of pictures! :)
- Size G crochet hook, or one slightly larger or smaller (you’ll get a larger or smaller flower, but the pattern will still work!)
- Worsted weight yarn (this pattern doesn’t take much; it’s great for using up odds and ends!)
- Worsted weight yarn in contrasting color
- 1 button in a coordinating or contrasting color
- Large needle & thread (not pictured)
- 1 barrette, bobby pin, pin back, headband, etc (you can attach this flower to almost anything!)
Join with slip stitch to form a ring.
This is your flower’s center.
Chain 4, [dc in ring, ch 2] 5 times; join with sl st in 2nd chain of beginning ch 4.
Your flower should have six loops around it now; these will become the petals.
In each loop around, work the following: sc, hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc, sc; join with slip stitch in first sc.
Fasten off and weave in ends. Your flower is done!
Using your contrasting yarn, chain 10.
Slip slitch in second chain from hook; sc in next stitch, hdc in next stitch, dc in next stitch, tr in next stitch, dc in next stitch, hdc in next stitch, sc in next stitch, slip stitch in last chain.
Fasten off and weave in ends. Repeat (makes two leaves).
Position the two leaves on one side of the flower as shown; using needle and thread, attach leaves to flower.
Sew button in the center of the flower.
Using either needle and thread or a hot glue gun, attach the flower to a barrette, headband, bobby pin, pin back, magnet, etc.