Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ways to spend a Sunday afternoon

1. Working on the computer - right now I'm getting ready to get the VBS skits up and rolling.
2) Journaling/writing - did you know that April is National Poetry Month?


3) Sleeping - this is always a pretty popular choice around here, lol. Someone is always sleeping on Sunday afternoons (in fact, most of the time it's ME!). What is it that's so luxurious about an afternoon nap?


4) Reading - this is probably the next most popular choice; lots of Bible studying goes on around here, plus there's plenty of fiction and non-fiction to be read.



5) Watching old Westerns - not sure what this is, possibly The Virginian?


6) Taking a jog on the newly-fixed treadmill - no picture, probably not something you wanted to see me do anyway. :) Dad fixed the treadmill this weekend, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it (when it was fixed, lol). I took my first jog in MONTHS today, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was - even though I haven't been doing any running at all, I've been faithful to my yoga, and I can definitely feel the change in my legs. Nice!


I love Sunday afternoons - getting geared up for the new week, doing little non-arduous chores (like cleaning out my little fridge and making up a grocery list for this week), and resting, physically and mentally.


I hope your weekend has been restful and beautiful. I've been blessed, and I look forward to seeing those blessings continue!

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Of course it's The Virginian!! We've gotta finish watching all our new westerns in time for May 17th...when the 4th season is released as well as the 3rd season of Wagon Train. Then it's just a short time until June 7th when the 4th season of Rawhide is released. It's a wonderful life!
~ Mumsie