Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Every Day

Eating: Asian turkey lettuce wrap filling (the last of the batch I put in the freezer for lunches - I need to make another, it was amazing); bean and bacon soup (and burritos, using it as a filling); lots of kale and eggs; I have a pork tenderloin I need to cook, probably Friday.

Learning: Spanish (via Duolingo).

Succeeding at: keeping the house cleanish; teaching butterfly.

Failing at: returning emails.

Reading: The Montessori At Home Guide (not as practical as I'd expected, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that some concepts I'm a huge proponent of are montessori); Homeschooling Methods (so far hugely boring and also not as practical as I'd hoped).

Listening to: The Phantom of The Opera by Gaston Leroux (if possible, Raoul is even more of a simpering idiot than in the musical); Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale; started As Good As Gone by Amy Gentry. (Also The Boxcar Children Ice Cream Sundae Mystery and Mrs Piggle Wiggle's Magic wjth the kids. But those don't count ;))

Adventuring: planting a garden (garlic, potatoes, spinach, fennel, red and orange peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, and broccoli); sitting by the wharf with coffee while the girls walk around in between jobs; sleeping wjth the windows open and being aware of it even while I slept, the sheer sensory joy of night breezes, moonlight, and insects.

Everyday magic: opening the door to put out the trash one night and looking up just in time to catch a brilliant shooting star. Spring coming (thank God!). Picking up Zephyr and feeling him snuggle into my arms. :)

No comments: