Friday, January 28, 2011

Different Views

I realized this week that there's a fundamental difference between the way I view snow, and the way my family and most of my friends view snow.

When the mere mention of "snow" appears in the news, images like this pop into my loved one's heads, making their hearts skip with anticipation:


When I hear "snow," my heart skips, too, but in terror, because THESE are automatically the first images I see in my head:





Yes, I realize I'm a grinch. That doesn't make the idea of driving in the snow any less terrifying.
When I was a kid, I loved snow. I also didn't have to drive. The more I think about it, the more I realize that snow is really a kid thing - no responsibilities, nowhere to go, nothing more pressing than sledding to attend to. :)
Once you have places you have to go, and people that are counting on you, snow just becomes an obstacle. *sigh* Don'tcha hate growing up?

No comments: