Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Not Chos

On Sunday my family was on the way home from a weekend in Pennsylvania, and I knew they'd be hungry when they came home, so I went into the pantry to find something I could throw together in the crockpot. I had no ideas when I walked in, but the first three cans I touched were black beans, enchilada sauce, and chilis, so Mexican food it was! :)

This was a complete hope-and-a-prayer meal, but it turned out so well that I made sure I wrote down the recipe! We ended up jokingly calling it "Not-Chos" because they ended up being sort of like nachos... but not really. :)

Not Chos

2 lbs ground beef
1 can black olives
1 can fire-roasted chilis
2 cans black beans
2 cans enchilada sauce
1/4 cup fajita seasoning (adjust to taste)
1 orange and 1 yellow sweet pepper, diced

Throw everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours (I put the ground beef in frozen, so it took closer to 5 hours, but if the meat was thawed, it would take much less time).

It looks somewhat greasy but in reality it's almost all juice from the chilis, and sauce.

 I served it with jarred salsa (no tomatoes, or else I would have made homemade pico de gallo), chopped cilantro, lime wedges...


 ...and homemade corn and flour tortilla chips.


Yummy! Super easy, too, so I'm sure I'll be making this again in the future.

No comments: