Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Randomness

I have so much to get done today. Tomorrow is the biweekly meeting of our little "dinner and games club" at my place - normally just me, my sibs, and my friend Crisy, so I don't usually go out of my way very much (except to cook an especially scrumptious dinner). Except this time, in honor of it being Fall, we're having a little party, doing crafts instead of playing games, and I invited some other friends who haven't seen my new place yet. So, naturally, it needs to be extra clean and all.

Except I really, REALLY don't feel like cleaning. So I'm blogging instead. :)

I wanted to show you a picture of my adorable fingernails that I painted last night, but I can't for the life of me get a good picture. :( They basically look just like this, except with a dark tan base, gold stripes, and a peachy-pink heart. :) Abigail thought they were kind of amazing this morning.

I bought the first pumpkin of the season yesterday, along with a giant pot of purple mums, a bunch of burlap, and a yard of festive fall material to make a tablecloth. Today, AFTER I get my cleaning done, I get to decorate. It's like self-bribery.

My girls are getting so big! I caught them sleeping, together and out in the open yesterday and just had to snap a picture. :)



Zhiva continues to be a little shy. Zinnia continues to be my little firecracker ;) but, if possible, she and I have bonded even more in the last couple of weeks. Yesterday she was just waking up when I came home from running errands, and she snuggled in my arms for about half an hour, getting ear massages and bruxing happily away. :)

Yesterday was so weird, because I couldn't sleep at all on Monday night. I tried everything - reading a few chapters of a novel, visualization, getting up for a big, etc, etc, etc, but nothing worked. Finally around 4:30 AM I got up, moved to the couch, and turned on an episode of Bones, and was able to drowse a bit (sometimes the sound of talking helps me sleep, lol). But then the episode ended and I figured I might as well get up.

I took Abby to school and then came home and slept for a few hours, but not very well. I have no idea what that was all about, but ironically, I found this at a Sheetz on the way home from running errands:

 
Chocolate and caffeine? Sign me up!
 
Tomorrow I'm going with my mom and various siblings on their biweekly trip to the "city" to go thrift shopping (at the best thrift shops ever!), stock up at Trader Joes, and possibly make a run on Ikea. I don't get to go very often since I'm usually with Abster, and hopefully soon I'll be working again, but I'm excited about the chance to get to spend some time together.
 
Oh, well, back to cleaning... *sigh*

No comments: