Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gone South

On Thursday, after much anticipation, it was finally time for our spring roadtrip down to Alabama! Originally I had to teach Thursday evening, so we were going to drive several hours, crash on the couch of a friend of mine, and then arrive in Alabama mid-afternoon Friday, but at the last minute I was able to find a substitute, so we decided to drive straight through.


Roadtripping with Crisy and Mags is always a blast!

We pulled up to Reb and Joe's new house around 3:30 and crashed on couches and the floor.

It was an awesome weekend, spending time together...

BFFs for at least fifteen years!
Seeing my "Alabama family"...


...And dropping in to visit the Doctor in his TARDIS.

Wait.

I didn't mention that?! ;)


Cris, Me, Reb, and Mags
Running away with the Doctor



"Wait for me!"
"Hurry up!"

I don't know where she finds these things, but somehow Reb found a Tardis open for display over in Tennessee (the Tennessee Tardis, properly), so Saturday morning we bid Joe adieu and drove out to see it.
As soon as we pulled up, the owner and builder pulled up (just happened to be getting tools from his nearby workshop) and stayed for a couple of minutes to chat and take a great photo for us. Thanks, Keith!

It was a great time. And I am now one of the very few people who can say, completely truthfully, that I left my sunglasses in the Tardis the last time I was there. (Totally worth the $4 I paid for them lol.)

Sunday evening we drove back, and pulled into Cris's driveway in Maryland around 9:30 AM. While I was pretty useless yesterday, I'm feeling much better after a long night's sleep last night, albeit a little bit overwhelmed by everything I need to get done in order to leave - again - tomorrow morning.

(Don't get me wrong: I am very excited about leaving tomorrow. Just not excited about laundry and chores.)

No comments: