Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Running Away

There was a lot going on last week, between people being sick and regular life busyness (and also, I was stressing over something that'd been in the back of my mind for awhile, that I didn't realize was bugging me until I started having stress dreams over it). It was a week with very little sleep, and on Saturday (which is normally the day I sleep til noon and catch up on all the Zzz's I've missed during the week) we had training for swim. I ran errands, I came home, managed to get the most basic of basic chores done, and then I crashed. What was supposed to be a catnap turned into a three hour snooze, and I woke up feeling happier and very, very bouncy. Which is sort of a shame when it's late evening and you have absolutely no plans for a Saturday night.

Just as I was resigned to spending an evening in, my friend Cris called and asked if I wanted to go to dinner together. I did, so we met up at a local sushi place to talk about traveling, life, kids, etc... and turns out she'd had a nap, too, so we were both wired. And honestly, all I wanted to do was swim. (I know. I make myself roll my eyes, even.) And she wanted to get away for a bit and relax. So at the last minute, we decided to go get a room at a local hotel with a pool and a hot tub, grabbed snacks and drinks, and just like that, we ran away.

I just have to jump in here that when Cris decides to run away, she stops by Target and buys a pair of pajamas and a toothbrush, and when I decide to run away I run home for a bag containing toothbrush, pajamas, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, exfoliator, moisturizer, curling iron, heat spray, and wineglasses. (And the only reason "swimsuit, towel, and flipflops" isn't included in that list is because my swim bag never made it out of the truck after training.) Minimalist I will never be.

We spent over an hour, she in the hot tub and I in the pool, and then retreated to our room after midnight to sit on the bed, stretched out like cats, giggling and talking and eventually turning out the lights.

We slept in the next morning, I went down to the pool again for a long swim, and literally moments before check-out we packed up our stuff, went out for brunch at the Cracker Barrel across the street, and returned to real life. I, for one, feeling like a happy puddle. :) I went home rejuvenated, spent a few productive hours doing things that had felt overwhelming the day before and now seemed totally possible.

So far, this week has been vastly better than last! Triplets are on the mend and back on schedule. Swim is going great (everyone seems to have a lot of new energy and positivity and I'm loving it!). Plus, we added even more kids at the last minute (three new students joining tonight, even!) and I officially broke into our second pack of certificate. Which means that we've put over 200 kids through the program (ee!).

No comments: