Sunday, March 22, 2015

Randomizer

- No swim this week: spring break for my coaches. I'm dying here, people. All week I've felt unmoored. Ungrounded. Restless, like I was constantly forgetting something or leaving something behind. I've been at the triplet's house every day this week, and it's been a transitional week of getting the new nanny settled in, and being supportive of her and Mom-boss and kids (and the kids have been crazy-off-the-wall with all the changes!). By the end of the day, all I wanted to do was go coach. Apparently, this is what makes me happy in life now (who knew?!).

- Speaking of Mom-boss (and stress relief): she rearranged my schedule so I have an extra hour now between job #1 and job #2 and I can go to the pool and swim laps before starting job #2. #bestbossever

- No, actually, make that #bestbossesever. I ran into a friend today at Starbucks who's having to leave her job - a job she loved, was good at, and has done passionately for the last 17 years - because her boss has decided it's cheaper to constantly turn over brand new college graduates than pay one experienced employee what she's worth. I can't imagine getting screwed over by any of the folks I work for. They've all gone above and beyond for me at different times, they all say "thank you" regularly, (and bless me with lots of tangible thanks, as well), and I can trust them all to do the right thing. It hasn't always been this way - I've worked for bosses before who never said "thank you," who you knew would throw you under the bus at a moment's notice to save face, and I thank God every single day for the amazing people I work for now. It's a good feeling.

- Last week I got a haircut, and I hate it. It's honestly the first cut I've ever gotten that I truly hate. (No fault of my stylist, who did exactly what I asked, by the way.) I liked it the first night, and then I woke up the next morning and have hated it ever since. I'm not sure what I dislike about it, except that I think, honestly, I just wasn't ready for change yet. I should have waited - someday I'll learn to listen to myself! - but in the meantime I've been using my curling wand like an addict (that's the only way I sort of like it styled right now) and praying for a lot of growth.

- I've been really reluctant to do this ever since I moved out into my own place, because I remember being a bit jumpy the first time I watched it, but I started rewatching Lost  last week. If you didn't see this show when it came out, for crying out loud go see it because it's awesome. I thought maybe I wouldn't like it as much the second time around because I would already know the answers to all the mysteries, but nope - the character development and interaction is just as good, if not better, the second time around. Also, it's still creepy. And I've only made it through season one,which is arguably the least creepy of the seasons, because nothing truly weird has happened yet - just polar bears and the as-yet-unseen island monster. And the whispers. ;)

No comments: