Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome To 2010!

Well, everybody, we made it through 2009. For some of us we made it all the way through the last decade. :-)

I have been reflecting for the last few days on how much I have grown over the last decade. I have experienced my absolute lowest lows, and I have reached my highest highs, and more importantly, I have found the middle ground where I can experience both happiness and grief but can handle both. This is such a huge thing for me - this is not to say that I am not influenced by physiological factors, but that I am learning every day new ways to cope and handle and generally deal with who I am.

I have learned who I am, and that is an amazing thing; I think I have discovered a little bit of that strength that I used to admire in others. I know that I am "strong enough / to accept both weakness and strength in others," and that it's okay if I fall flat on my face once in a while - it's even okay if I sit there and cry for a while - because I am strong enough to get up and keep going. I've learned that it'll be okay. What an amazing thing! It'll all be okay eventually!

I look forward to continuing to grow and learn in the next year and the next decade and for the rest of my life. I look forward to sharing those lessons and struggles with you through this blog! I hope that God blesses each of you in the coming year, and works in your life the way that he has worked in mine.

I am resolved no longer to linger, charmed by the world's delight;
Things that are higher - things that are nobler - these have allured my sight!
I am resolved to go to the Savior, leaving my sin and strife;
He is the true One, He is the just One, He hath the words of life.
I am resolved to follow the Savior, faithful and true each day;
Heed what He sayeth, do what He willeth, He is the living Way.
I am resolved to enter the kingdom, leaving the paths of sin;
Friends may oppose me, foes may beset me, still will I enter in.
I am resolved, and who will go with me? Come, friends, without delay!
Taught by the Bible, led by the Spirit, we’ll walk the heav’nly way.
I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus - greatest, highest - I will come to Thee!

1 comment:

The WalMart Vegan said...

What wonderful resolutions! One of my goals is to pray for each of the people on our church's prayer list. It is so hard because there are so many and some that I just don't know, but God knows all.