Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life As It Is

A few weeks ago I wrote about how happy I was with my daily life, but how it didn't feel "real" or "normal" yet. I realized this week that I think I'm finally back in the groove of things.



Abigail is forever on the go! :) She is very thoughtful most of the time, and at 20 months is definitely already her own person.


She likes having her picture taken but gets confused about when to smile - she smiles big right AFTER the flash has gone off! :)



We love playing with the blocks, Etch-a-Sketch, musical teapot, talking Elmo, and bouncy balls. We also love to color.


She likes to eat, but seems to get bored with the same foods easily. I took her out to run errands last week and realized that I'd forgotten to plan for lunch (we were out rather later than I'd thought we'd be), so we went to Chick-Fil-A. Abigail made it quite clear that she knew what Chick-Fil-A was, and got very excited until I got her nuggets cut up! I think her attention span hasn't quite caught up yet, so she gets bored or distracted before she's finished eating and wants to get down. Once in a while she will ask to watch Muzzy while she's eating and she seems to eat more. Yogurt is still her favorite food.



We definitely know what "meet the cousins" means, and Abigail will run to get her shoes and coat if I tell her we are going to meet them. :) She enjoys shopping with us; she gets carried around by the kids and likes to look and feel different materials in the clothing sections. But the best part about going out is still the playground, in her opinion. :)

I always pack her own food when we're going out, but she is starting to notice that everyone around her is eating different food. She can't understand why anyone would take time out just to eat when there's a perfectly good playground just a few feet away!

Visits from Granddad are always exciting, and he makes sure to stop by often.

As for me, I can't wait for fingerpainting, playdough, and springtime with nature walks and afternoons in the pool or sandbox! :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awww she's beautiful. I had to laugh at how much your life sounds like mine sometimes (we love Chikfila and yogurt!). Hope you continue to enjoy it. It has its ups and downs, but overall, it is the best job I've ever had. ;)