Monday, March 1, 2010

A Week In My Life

As the first of the month landed on a Monday, I thought it would be fun to do another "Week In My Life" (This time, hopefully, with pictures!) and show how my life has changed in the last few months. :)

My alarm clock goes off at 6 this morning... normally I would be up a bit earlier but I was kind of goofy last night and I didn't tuck myself into bed as early as I normally do. I get up, get dressed, grab breakfast (blueberry mini bagels from Target - my aunt and uncle have completely hooked me on the new food section), and I'm out the door.

Abigail is just getting up when I arrive, so I get to help dress and feed her. She's extra-giggly in the mornings. :) She didn't really want much breakfast, just some yogurt (she's turning into a light breakfaster lately) and then she made it quite clear that she wanted to watch Curious George on TV. When I started this job, I would pop in the Muzzy DVD on occasion, more to give myself something to watch then for any actual entertainment value on her part, but in the last few weeks she's gotten quite an attention span and now likes (and asks for!) Curious George and Muzzy and occasionally the last few minutes of Martha Speaks (which comes on before Curious George and has lots of dogs, which Abigail likes, lol). We watched Curious George, then we colored, played with some of her toys, and then she decided she wanted a snack. As soon as she was done eating and I lifted her down off her high chair, she ran into the other room and brought me her shoes.

"Whatcha doing with these, Abigail?" I asked, laughing. She's been in a dress-up kind of mood lately, likes taking her clothes out of her closet and carrying them around the house, so I figured this was part of the same thing.
She looked at me intently, ran off, and came back with her hat. I laughed again and asked, "Whatcha doing?"

When she returned with her coat, I was beginning to get the message. "Do you want to go out?" I asked her. "D'Oh!" she responded enthusiastically ( - although she does occasionally say "Yeh," "No" and "Yes" are usually "No" and "D'Oh". Don't ask me why, I do not know. :)).


I always feel guilty when she asks to go out, since I know she thinks we're going to see the cousins, and nobody is home on Mondays, but I did have a shopping list that I was going to complete after work, so I figured I'd take her with me. Abigail seems to like riding in the truck - she runs up to it and slaps the "Ford" emblem, laughing. :) I'd gotten her some things for my truck over the weekend, a mini Etch-a-Sketch and some coloring books from the $1 rack at Target. Apparently, however, I removed the singalong CD's (I have no memory of this, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so I must have put them in my room). Abigail was saddened by this, as we normally sing while we're driving.



Target was our first stop - we were on the hunt for some gift bags, tissue, and birthday cards for some upcoming birthdays! (More on that later in the week.) We took a quick detour through the newly-stocked $1 rack and picked up some more Elmo books for the truck. Abigail seemed to enjoy the shopping trip - we "talked" about all the things she saw (i.e. she pointed excitedly and I talked about whatever it was she was pointing at). The store was pretty empty since it was still early (9:30ish?) and I had several people pause to say "hi!" to Abigail.


We ran into the dollar store afterwards, where Abigail decided she needed a multi-colored flower pinwheel, so it came home with us. :)


We got home and she had a snack, and then we heard tires on the gravel.



Could it be?



Yes! It was Granddad AND Meemaw - a double treat! Granddad pops in often - at least once a day or more, lol - but we always enjoy seeing Meemaw too!


We had a great visit, but as soon as they left it was definitely time for Abigail to take a nap! I am so proud of the fact that she doesn't fuss for me when I put her down... I always try to do the same things in the same order - brush her teeth, change her diaper, sing the ABC song, find her binky, turn on the music and humidifier - and I don't know if that's the key, but she's only cried for me twice: the first day I had her, and the day that daddy was home with us. Other than that, Abigail is pretty serene about the process. She goes into her crib without a fuss, smiles while I sing the ABC song, and waves goodbye afterwards. :)


While Abigail naps, I take care of some little tasks (checking email, changing my phone plan, etc), do the first part of my new Bible study (more on that later), eat lunch, and watch Court TV. :)


Abigail wakes up two hours later, all smiles and giggles again. :) She's ready for lunch, so I feed her some yogurt and a PB&J sammie. After lunch, we watch Muzzy, sing along with all her musical toys, and go outside for a short walk to watch her pinwheel spin, which she loves.

We are singing along to our CD when daddy gets home, and shortly after, so does mommy! :)



Whew! What a fun day! I'm tired! :)

I head home and update my Girl In Skirt Blog, then do dinner with the family. Nothing very exciting.

Now I'm about to go take a nice hot bath, finish my study, and collapse on my bed for an early bedtime... with possibly a few episodes of Stargate: Atlantis thrown in (do you know I've had season five for all of two weeks and I STILL haven't finished watching it?!). :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Haha I love those kind of days. It is amazing how much better kids often do for their nannies or babysitters than they do for their parents.
I LOVE taking Camila to the store. Everyone always compliments me on her blue eyes and good behavior. I've stopped pointing out she's not mine unless they made a direct mention of it. Why bother? :)
Oh and HAHA Camila now INSISTS on the Wiggles being turned on IMMEDIATELY after entering the car so we can sing and dance our way to wherever we're going.
I'm so happy to find someone somewhat like me!

Taleia said...

Lol, yes, I have only had a few times when Abigail acted out and they were usually when someone was around (when daddy spent the day with us, or when the 'rents just walked in, etc). :)