A few days ago, I mentioned buying a crocheted skirt at the local thrift shop and my plans to turn it into a bag. Well, I got all my weekend chores done early today so I thought I'd take a crack at it! I started by stitching the bottom of the lining and the outer skirt shut. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the waist, since it had sewn-in elastic that kept me from making a drawstring casing, and the material would have unraveled if I cut into it. In the end, I noticed that the holes in the crochet work were big enough to thread my ribbon through. I secured the ends of the ribbon to the bottom corners of the skirt, and voila! A 'green' backpack! This will probably go to live in my truck to hold the books and toys I've bought for Abigail to play with while we're driving. I am a little shocked at how well this turned out as I'm not usually very crafty!