Saturday, March 22, 2014

Getting There

Everything is slowly returning to not-yet-normal-but-almost-there. I'm still with the triplets every day from the time I wake up or drop Abby off til the kids are in bed (except for Sunday - looks like I'll be getting the entire day Sunday off from now on!), so there's almost no spare time unless it happens late at night when I'm exhausted, but there's some very positive signs happening. The triplet's mama is lifting a little bit (every time she does, I hold my breath!) so hopefully next Friday, which marks six weeks since the surgery, will mean everything goes mostly back to normal. And both their grandma and I got to go home last night and tonight, so that's a huge step forward in getting everything back to normal.

In the meantime, I got two days off in the last week (Sunday and Monday!!! Okay, only Sunday was scheduled, Monday happened because it snowed and I got stuck at home... but still!!!) which was absolutely. amazing.

I would love to say that I was a busy bee and got all caught up on everything that's gotten neglected in the last six weeks, and I truly did intend to - I had a to-do list and everything - but when it came right down to it, I totally relaxed both days. Watched a lot of Doctor Who (I'm up to the episode "Hide" in season seven... only four more episodes to go and then I'm current! (Well, except for Day Of The Doctor and Time Of The Doctor. Well, except I also haven't seen The Christmas Invasion, Planet Of The Dead, The Waters Of Mars, The End Of Time, or The Snowmen, either.)), slept in (actually, I kept waking up thinking "I have to go to work!!!" and then remembering... no, I didn't... and my bed was so soft, so I kept rolling right back over and going right back to sleep. I'm way too embarrassed to say how late I slept in lol!), visited with the family, took my mom out for lunch, let the girls out for a long playtime, etc. I got absolutely nothing accomplished. But it sure felt good!

Tomorrow (my day off) I do intend to clean at least a little, and get my seedlings planted in the little mini-greenhouse I bought. And take an afternoon nap. And watch some more Doctor Who. :)

The only bad thing - and I hate to say it that way because I feel like I should be much more enthusiastic about it - is that swim lessons resume next week, so I go back to teaching. And I'm trying to have a good attitude about it. I really am. It's not that I dislike teaching - I know in my head that I love it. It's just that right now I'm so very on the edge of burnt out, and I don't have much left to give by the time I get there. The last session was almost painful. Luckily, I realized last week that I was dangerously close to being overstretched, and I asked my boss if I could maybe do less training this coming session and just teach the classes I had down pat, and he generously agreed. As things go back to normal I look forward to doing more cross-training again.

I'm working on a little mini-article about things I've learned in the last few weeks (God has been so good!) and I'm hoping to have it finished and posted by tomorrow.

I can't believe it's practically April already. I'm kind of in shock.

No comments: