Sunday, April 12, 2015

Just Things

- Sunshine! And warm temperatures. I needed it this weekend, and nature pulled through. Open windows, the breeze wafting in with all sorts of "moist earth and budding flower" smells. Listening to birds sing. Laying in bed after waking for awhile on Saturday, because it was the first time in a long time that I could (don't hate me).

- I got to watch two of my kids compete in the swim meet this weekend. A third was also competing - he was swimming later in the way and I had to go to work (it nearly killed me to have to leave!!!) - but I was able to let him know I was rooting for him and that I knew he'd do great. I'm so proud of these kids. They make me so happy. I went back today and got to watch the entire afternoon session since there was nowhere I had to be. :)

- I did it. I planted seeds. I shouldn't, I'm no good at growing things and every year I swear I quit, but there's just something about dirt and spring. It calls to me. This year I'm killing green beans (for the triplets), watermelon, and tomatoes. And that's IT! (I might buy some herb plants once it's warm enough to put them outside full-time, too. BUT THAT'S IT!)

-  I have a regularish schedule this week and a crazy-overloaded one next week. I don't know how this happened, lol, but I'm trying to get a bunch of things done over the next couple of days before everything explodes. Also: it's just about a month before Abigail gets out of school and I get her back for the summer! So excited.

- Have you seen these pictures? I think I want to change careers...

No comments: