Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Time To Celebrate!

I love my birthday. :)

On Monday, I ducked into Wal-Mart and found the writing table that I've been hunting for forever. I've been wanting to replace my chunky desk with a very slim, very shallow table or desk, and use the saved space to fill with (more) bookshelves. I've been looking for the perfect table, but I hadn't found anything I liked until Monday. I brought the box home, assembled it that night ALMOST all by myself (my dad had to help me with, of all things, screwing on a stubborn drawer pull) and got it in place. Tuesday I got my whole room cleaned, and took my truck for a birthday vacuum and car wash (there's an unwritten rule in my life that new years must start with clean room and truck, lol).

Anna took Abigail for a half-day so I got to sleep in, which was exciting since I was totally wired last night with excitement (not just about my birthday, although that was a huge deal, lol, but also that my room is finally starting to look put together!). I got up around 8:30 and Maggie and I went out to the local diner for breakfast (blueberry pancakes!) and to pick up a comforter set that I'd picked out on Walmart.com (this one, in case you wanted to know). I accidentally picked up a Queen size instead of a Full, so I went back to swap it out before picking Abigail up.



Abigail was still sleeping when I arrived, so I crashed on the couch to watch TV until she woke up (they had Iron Chef America recording, so I watched that, lol). When Abigail woke up, I packed us into my truck and we went to meet my dad at the new Olive Garden in town. The atmosphere was great, the service was great, the food was ok - this reaction may be more because my mom and I cook some awesome Italian food, lol - so it was a lot of fun. I got the manicotti and a bowl of minestrone, and my dad got the sausage soup, a salad, and breadsticks. His salad had the most incredible kalamata olives in it, which I kept stealing. :)



After lunch, I took Abigail to my grandfather's church, where he and my siblings were fixing dinner for the church that night. We played in the gym chasing balls until my uncle arrived to get her. :)



I came home, put my new comforter set on my bed, gave myself a DIY pedi, and watched Stargate: SG1.

No comments: