Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Great Plans

It's kind of sad (to me anyway) that June is almost gone. June is a good month, even if it was pretty hot this year. :)

I'm consoling myself with the thought that July is going to be packed with lots of fun stuff! For starters, there's the 4th, which means a four-day weekend, fireworks, and a picnic at my granddad's. What's not to love? Then the following week my family is going on a canoeing trip on the Shenandoah River. I will probably not be going along for the whole trip, but I'll most likely drive down one day for a day on "my" river. :) I haven't seen the Shenandoah for a few years, so I'm totally stoked!

Every year for the last few years I've wanted to make it up to the Shore Leave convention, but I've always been up at Kingsfest in Richmond instead. Well, this year I won't be getting to go to Kingsfest - wa! - but I might get to go to Shore Leave. I didn't want to go alone, and didn't figure Maggie would be interested, so I called another scifi enthusiast friend, who still may or may not be going, and then Maggie heard about it and was surprisingly enthusiastic, so it looks like I'll be going regardless of whether or not my other friend can go. Exciting stuff!

On the seventeenth, my dad and I have tickets for Star Wars in Concert at Verizon Center. Do I sound like enough of a nerd yet? I am SOSOSOSOSOSO excited! EEEEEEE! Seriously, whenever I think about it I give a little shriek inside. :) What makes it even more amazing is that my dad has promised to spend the day in the city with me, seeing the sights and eating dinner at La Tasca. I love the city, so this is an amazing late birthday gift. I've always wanted to spend a day with just him, exploring. Not sure how much time we'll have, but I'm definitely looking foward to a great concert, an incredible dinner, and street music. :)

Finally, at the end of July, I'll be going back down to Alabama to see Robin and Khy again, this time for a whole week! I am pretty excited about this - this is always the highlight of my summer. In fact, I was just looking through my pictures from my trip last year, and I realized that even though in most of them my hair is greasy, my skin is breaking out, and my clothes are deep in vacation mode - but I barely even notice because I'm glowing. I'm happy. I'm with my best friend. I can't wait!

Anyway, I'm settling in for the summer's busiest month. What's your busiest month?

No comments: