Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Awesomeness

Last week, on Monday, Abby and I came home, I put her down for a nap, and I jumped on the computer to order a Christmas gift. I ordered it around 1:30, maybe 2 PM. When I got home from work on Tuesday, there it was. I was pretty impressed!

Just to clarify, I did not pay for any next day or quick shipping (I mean, the whole point of shopping online is to SAVE money, not blow it on instant gratification shipping, lol). So, kudos to the postal service.

I did another round of online shopping yesterday (I am finding great deals and it's KILLING me to not be able to share, lol... be on the lookout for a big post-Christmas post) and today when I checked my email, two of the five items I'd ordered have already shipped. I have one more round of online shopping to do, and some stuff that I'm hoping to score on Black Friday (yeah, I'm one of those) and then I'm DONE. It's astounding to me that it's not even December yet and I'm using the word "done" in conjunction with Christmas shopping. I'm the one who picks up gifts on Christmas Eve! But actually, I'm kind of glad. I must be turning into a stuffy adult. :(

As for my WW update: down 1.6 pounds this week! I'm glad since I think this coming week is going to be a wash with Thanksgiving. I have been dreaming for weeks about two things: stuffing (or dressing, if you will, lol) and pecan pie. :)

No comments: