Monday, November 1, 2010

What I Ate (Day 1)

Somone on the WW messageboards mentioned that a great way to keep track of your points, plus keep a record of good snacks/meals, and keep yourself honest, is to photograph everything you eat for a week. I thought I'd try it, if only so that someday when I am feeling uninspired, I can reread these posts and maybe gain some "oomph", lol. I also know I love reading other people's blogs who are on the WW plan and getting good ideas.

So anyway, here's today:

I have this giant covered mug that I pack breakfast in on work mornings. It's usually oatmeal or low-point cereal, but yesterday I was reading this thread on the messageboards about microwaving eggs, and that inspired me to try it today. This morning when I got up I packed three whole eggs into my mug - my dad was watching and I think he thought I was a little nuts, but he knows better than to ask, lol! When I got to work and wanted breakfast, I sprayed the inside of the mug with a little Pam, cracked one whole egg and two whites into my mug, added a couple slices of roast beef lunchmeat I chopped up and a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.

I microwaved it for twenty seconds at a time, stirring each time. It was sooo yummy! 5 points.


Since I've learned from experience that I need some carbs in the morning or else the rest of the day does not go well, I added 1/2 of a whole wheat deli thin and a little peanut butter. 1 1/2 points.



For lunch, I was sooo hungry. I couldn't think of anything to eat, so while I was looking around I started nuking a box of steamed veggies. I've become dependent on these Green Giant steamer packs... I like the "Just For One" products but they didn't have them this last time around so I picked up these 2-serving boxes instead. This whole box is only 1 point! And it's nice and filling. Sometimes if I'm feeling starved before dinner I'll nuke one of these and eat it before fixing dinner to keep everything together.



This is the "Garlic and Herb" flavor and it;s not really my favorite - kind of sweetish. I love the broccoli or cauliflower with cheese sauce!





I didn't want to spend the points on a sandwich so this is a compromise - two Wheat Things Flatbread crackers with a dab of mustard, some roast beef slices, and a slice of swiss cheese. Super yummy! 5 points.
I completely forgot to take a picture of dinner, but I did track it very carefully because it was hamburgers (which is a really easy meal to "blow"). I had one lean hamburger patty on a deli thin with 1/2 tablespoon of light mayo and a 1/4 of fat free cheddar. 6 points.
I also forgot to take a picture of the cappuchino with skim milk I had earlier in the day while we were out and about with Maggie (2 points) or the Sea Salt Caramel Granola bite I had as a midafternoon snack... but it was super yummy! 2 points.

No comments: