Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bucket List Update

Time for another bucket list update! I feel like I've gotten so much done, but in reality I only knocked three things off my list!

#8 - Go To The Fair: So much fun! I have tons of pictures, but I've pretty much only uploaded the ones that Abby is in. Maybe this week while I'm on vacation I'll finally get the rest uploaded! :) Maggie and I both bought season passes and went Friday with Natalie and Abigail, and again on Saturday. On Friday we mostly just saw exhibits (although we did eat some cotton candy, lol, and some amazing mango iced tea!) but Natalie very generously gave us some of her leftover ride tickets, so on Saturday we got to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl twice! We're complete idiots when it comes to carnival rides - we shriek and scream and try to figure out how to make the little cab spin faster. :) All in all, it was a ton of fun, and my sisters essentially won all the awards there were to be had (just kidding, but barely). A full recap post to follow. :)
#17 - Host A Fall Craft Party: Okay, so I didn't so much host as cater - lol - but since it looks like this is as close as I'm going to get, I'm gonna say it counts. :) It was fun! Some friends and I, including the bride-to-be, gathered together on Saturday to make the decorations for her wedding. :) Tons of fall colors, good food, good friends. I personally wire-twisted 26 mason jars, turning them into lanterns, and the experience was enough to make me decide that I do not want mason-jar lanterns at my wedding, lol! My poor fingers! I'm collecting quite a list of "things I never want to do again" in response to having done them for friends' wedding: no hand-stitched silk flowers with a gazillion pieces each, no mason jar lanterns, etc. :)
#22 - Drink hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks: Truth be told, the cider wasn't hot, but it sure was yummy! AND we had cinnamon sticks to swirl it with, which just makes it 100 times better. In fact, one of the ladies initially turned down the offer of a glass of cider until she saw us adding cinnamon sticks, at which point she quickly changed her mind. :)

So: I have 29 things left on my bucket list and roughly forty days until I declare it winter. :) So I guess I'm still on track! The good thing is that at least five of these things I've already scheduled with "firm" dates.

How is your bucket-listing coming? What have you been doing?

No comments: