Sunday, October 14, 2012

Staycationing

I figured with a whole week off I'd be blogging left and right. WRONG! In fact, except for my "What's For Dinner Wednesday" post last week, I didn't post at all! Luckily, this is because I was too busy being on staycation. :)

I did way, waaay too much to recount moment by moment, but my week included:
  • A trip to my fav nail salon to get my nails done :)
  • Buying new fall candles
  • A marathon all-day thrift shopping trip with my mom and sisters
  • Taking the kids to the corn maze
  • Perfecting my PJ&J cookie-making technique
  • Picking out a wall color for the upstairs bathroom makeover, and finding the perfect shower curtain on clearance!
  • Staying up way, way late every night... like, after 1 AM late
  • Sleeping in almost every day :)
  • Epic Hearts tournaments with various members of my family
  • Pinning, like, 500 things (ok, slight exaggeration) to do with Abby when she gets back
  • Making a new wreath for my door
  • A belated birthday lunch with my mom
  • Starting my first-ever crocheted afghan pattern
So... that was my week. It was amazing, "Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm SO GLAD you're going back to work. I love having you around... except at night." Lol, I know EXACLTY what she means - I don't think I could survive another week of late nights and craziness. It was fun while it lasted. Now I can't wait to go back to work. :)

No comments: