Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Films

I love holiday films - some of my favorite childhood memories revolve around the watching of our traditional favorites! - but I'm super picky. Nothing crude. Nothing stupid. Elf does not make the cut. Nor does A Christmas Story. :/

In sort of particular order - meaning that the ones that came to mind first are my absolute favorites lol - here are my favorites:

1. White Christmas
2. Holiday Inn
3. Polar Express
4. A Christmas Carol (this one seems to be either much-loved or much-hated... clearly, I fall into the former category. :) Very faithful to the book and delightfully done!)
5. Arthur Christmas
6. Miracle On 34th Street (I've only ever seen the original 1947 version and ADORE it, but I just realized that the new version has Mara Wilson, one of my favorite child actors, and now I really want to see it...)
7. Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas (laugh it up - but I have 2 Christmas's worth of memories of Abigail and I snuggled up tight watching it together :))
8. A Charlie Brown Christmas
9. The Christmas episodes of Bones - #1, #2, & #3. (And just for the record, producers of Bones, I was DEEPLY offended that you didn't have a Christmas episode last season. I haven't quite forgiven you yet. *glare*)

No comments: