Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Afternoon Randomizer

~ My sister Anna celebrated her 20th birthday today! I remember the day she was born. I feel old (lol). We had a nice morning at home watching her open gifts, and then I curled her hair using the new techniques I picked up from the stylist who did my hair for the wedding. It turned out great, and she got lots of compliments on it! Then after church we continued our celebration at a picnic lunch with our grandparents at Battle Creek Cypress Swamp. Despite the fact that I mushed my toe (and tore off the nail! Eek!), and I was preettttyy sure I was going to watch my grandmother go over the side of the boardwalk into the swamp a couple of times... oh, and that I dropped my camera in the swamp, where only Maggie's quick thinking saved it (thanks Sis!)... a good time was had by all. :) Pictures coming.

~ I got an appalling little bit done on my remodel this weekend. I reallyreallyreally want to get the kitchen painting finished because it's so. dreary. Lots of taping and nit-picky angles and whatnot. I'm really going to buckle down on it this week and try to get it done. My family has company coming next weekend, and I'm hoping to be able to offer my bedroom as a guest room, so that'll be my motivation.

~ Betty Crocker Macaroni and Cheese is nowhere near as good as good ole Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Just sayin'.

No comments: