Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Week In Pictures

Saturday: Friday night Maggie and I went over to a friend's house, went swimming, and I left my hair bundled up at the back of my head while we played with the dog and drove home. Too tired to wash it, I went to bed with it damp, and woke up with "scrunchy" hair. That never happens. :) Nice start to the month!


 

Sunday: Got up a little early to hit Starbucks before church, sit, and people-watch. For some reason, nothing ever feels quite as special as the community coffee shop on a Sunday morning.

Monday: My summer read. I try to reread Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" every summer - and enjoy it more and more each year!
Tuesday: This pretty deer (squint hard lol) was prancing down the road as I went to work. She was totally unafraid of me, and was in no hurry to vacate the road. Made me smile.
 
Wednesday: Field trip! Although the girls fought like frenemies the entire time, Bean and I enjoyed getting to spend some time together, especially as our museum time was topped off by lunch on the pier of the local seafood shop, watching the boats come in and out of the little harbor while the breeze kept us cool. Hot crab dip and shrimp gazpacho... Mm. :)
Thursday: Maggie and I headed up to a town nearby to get a gift for our friends wedding. While shopping at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, we stumbled across their apron aisle and had fun trying on different aprons. We especially liked this "little black apron" with the sewn-in strand of pearls! :)

Friday: Sometimes it's just one of those days... woke up fighting a sinus infection and spent most of the day sleeping off meds. :(
 

No comments: