Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Week In Pictures


First off, let me just say that this week was CRAZY! A move, a birthday, the final week of prep before our VBS drama week... just crazy! But there were some good moments, too. :)

For my birthday, I "stole" my dad and we went on a dad-daughter date to the mall in Annapolis. We stopped for a light lunch and shared a bowl of pad thai, shopped and ran errands all afternoon, then ended at the Cheesecake factory, where we shared an amazing dinner of ahi tartare (my favorite!!!), crab dip, stuffed mushrooms, and this astounding gluten-free chocolate cheesecake. Which was amazing. :) 

Sunday was my actual birthday! I had my family over to my new place for a breakfast of sausage, fresh pineapple, and muffins, and opened gifts, among them this GORGEOUS gift from my friend Susan. :)
Monday was supposed to be our last working rehearsal before our dress rehearsal, but we never actually got there because of a huge accident that shut down the highway for hours and rerouted us through a little country road at a snail's pace. Not. Fun. I almost tore my hair out (plus, the car was running out of gas, and I had a peanut gallery criticizing my driving from the backseat).

I was fixing dinner on Tuesday and wanted to listen to Adventures in Odyssey - but my tablet was quiet, I don't have my speakers unpacked yet, and I couldn't hear. I'd read that you can boost your cell phone's sound by putting it in a bowl, so I tried dropping my tablet inside my metal pot. It worked!
On Wednesday I wore my new headband, a gift from my friend Susan. I got sooo many compliments on it!

Thursday, Maggie, Abigail, and I decided to mix it up, and instead of going to our usual Mexican place for lunch, we headed to the one in the square where we could sit outside. A lady with a friendly doggie was also lunching nearby, and Abby thought this was the best thing ever. :)
Also Thursday - my siblings and I caught a showing of Monsters University before Anna left for Tennessee. Love me some Mike and Sully!

Friday was our dress rehearsal - doesn't everybody look great! My "Sir Gavin" (second on the left) who you may remember as my acrobatic "Millard" from last year's drama, hand-crafted his chain mail link by link - he calculated that if you made one long chain out of all the links, it would stretch something like a quarter of a mile! :)

That's my week! What's  been good, bad, or just crazy about yours? ;)






No comments: