Sunday, December 19, 2010

More Christmas

Tonight was the final performance of our church's Christmas cantata - thank the Lord! :) It was fun and it was good but it did seem to take up a ton of time. I'm glad I did it but I'm also glad that all the commitments are up for me until after Christmas. No stressing until next year! :)

If I didn't mention it before, I was in charge of a small children's choir and got to do a tiny bit of directing the kid actors when the regular director had an allergy attack one rehearsal.


Most of the kids - in this scene, they're supposed to be the children's choir in the play, who are driving the pastor (in the play) crazy. Surprisingly, the thing we worked on most was actually getting the kids to be rambunctious enough! They certainly didn't have any trouble behind the scenes, but on stage was a different story.

Joseph begs the Innkeeper for help, while Mary groans in the background. :)
Most of my college friends made it home this week, so it was great to be able to sit around and catch up after the service. Normally I'm stressed out on Sunday nights because my goal is to get home and get ready for the coming week, get a good night's sleep, etc, but tonight I just decided to roll with it. I can nap tomorrow when Abby does, if I need to, and I have a short work week, and a long weekend where I can catch up on sleep, and if I am a little sleep deprived tomorrow, it won't kill me. :)

No comments: