Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Traditions

Everyone has their own Christmas traditions that they look forward to. I've enjoyed over the last several years creating my own, as well as participating in the family traditions. And, of course I look forward to the day when I have my own family to create traditions with!


But here, in no particular order, are all the traditions I currently have going:


1) Putting up the Christmas tree. This typically occurs on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but ALWAYS on the weekend following Thanksgiving.


2) Going to Bubba Knott's Farm to see the Christmas lights!


3) Black Friday shopping.


4) Playing the Veggie Tales "A Very Veggie Christmas" CD :) - I play this over and over again, I love it so. :) I haven't played it with Abby yet, but I look forward to it!


5) Going to the store to buy Christmas cards and picking out just the right card for everyone (this year it took more than three trips, but I'm almost done!)


6) Making and decorating sugar cookies... and then ignoring them, because our sugar cookies always taste like sawdust. :)


7) A trip to the mall. I'm not really sure why this is still a tradition - I guess it stems from the fact that ten years ago the only place to Christmas shop in our town was pretty much Wal-Mart. Now our area is all developed, but we still make at least one pilgrimage to the mall a few towns over to eat at the food court, go to the bookstore, and see the Christmas displays.

8) Going to Starbucks for a holiday latte - I don't really love Starbucks, but I do love to go in and get a good holiday latte. This year I loved the eggnog latte - right up until I found out the points values! Lol. My holiday lattes were short-lived this year.

No comments: