Thursday, January 31, 2013

48 + 14 Questions (And Answers!)

I  am feeling totally uninpired lately when it comes to blogging, so I decided to "borrow" a couple of questionaires from blogs I read. These 48 questions from Nicole over at Peace|Love|Nicole. :)

1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my Aunt (great aunt?) Opal. I know virtually nothing about her so it's never meant much to me. On my bucket list is to someday legally change my middle name.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Sunday night - I had a really powerful dream and woke up drenched in tears (lol). Come to think of it, I also cried while watching NCIS, when Kate dies. And again when Gibbs got blown up. Sheesh. I swear I'm not normally a crier - I've just been super emotional lately and I guess tears are my stress release valve! :)

3. Do you like your handwriting?
I have no strong opinions on my handwriting? It's mostly legible. :) I do hate writing on those little electronic screens at credit card portals though - my handwriting always ends up looking like I waved the stylus back and forth no matter what I do, so now that's pretty much what I do.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Roast beef.

5. Do you have kids?
Not of my own, but I like to borrow other people's! :)

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Absolutely! And we'd have a TON of fun!!!

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Yes, I admit it, I do. But I never do it meanly, lol, and mostly self-deprecatingly.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yup. And my appendix. And my wisdom teeth. I come with all my original factory parts. :)

9. Would you bungee jump?
If my best friend would do it with me. Or if I ever fell in love with someone I totally trusted, and he'd do it with me.

10. What is your favorite cereal?
Hmm, I'm not a huge cereal fan, but when I do get a craving I love Life or GrapeNuts.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Well, I only have one pair of shoes with laces, and they're new, so I'm not sure. I'm guessing only if I can't get them off my feet without untying.

12. Do you think you are strong?
Yes! But not through my own power - "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" (Phillipians 4:13).

13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Pretzel! Or cookies and cream. Anything with more "stuff" in it than ice cream.

14. What's the first thing you notice about people?
The way they carry themselves, shy or reserved, arrogant, open, etc.

15. Red or pink?
Hmm... tough question. I like them both! I love to wear red when I want to make a statement, but I love pink, too...

16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
Hmm. Um... I dislike that I tend to fall apart when I don't get enough sleep. I'm not one of those folks who can run on coffee indefinitely.

17. Who do you miss the most?
Robin!

18. What is the technique that you need to work on the most?
Sewing - I'm a terrible sewer and I take out twice as many stitches as I ever put in.

19. What color shoes are you wearing?
Denim. But I just got a new pair of shoes - aren't they cute?



20. What was the last thing you ate?
Mexican! A burrito, rice, and beans.

21. What are you listening to right now?
Well, right this second, I'm listening to Abigail breathing on the baby monitor, Maggie watching and episode of The Fugitive, and my fingers typing. Lately, I've been listening to 2 new CDs I found in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart: Johnny Cash and Il Divo's "Siempre." Yes, I have eclectic musical tastes.

22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Burnt orange! Or glittery silver :)

23. Favorite smells?
Hmm... My favorite sandalwood candle. Guys that have just cut the grass (a little bit of sweat, gasoline, and fresh-cut grass lol). Babies right out of the tub. The air right after a good rain.

24. How important are your political views to you?
They're only important to me as far as they're tied to my personal beliefs. If my current party changed their stance on the issues that are important to me, and another party adopted them, I'd change in a heartbeat.

25. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Beach house!!!

26. Favorite sports to watch?
Figure skating. Other than that, I'm not a huge sports fan.

27. Hair color?
Brown.

28. Eye color?
Green.

29. Do you wear contacts?
Yes! I'm blind without them and I hate wearing my glasses (they're an old prescription and they give me a headache). The last thing I do before I go to bed is to take them out, and the first thing I do in the morning is to put them back in. If I have to get up in the middle of the night, I don't usually even bother to turn on a light, because I'm essentially as blind without them as I am in the dark.

30. Favorite food?
I'll eat almost anything, but my favorite "comfort food" is macaroni and cheese or pizza.

31. Scary movie or happy endings?
If it's one or the other, I'd choose happy endings - I've only seen two horror movies in my life and that was MORE than enough! - but I'm okay with movies that end unhappily, too, as long as they're good movies.

32. Last movie you watched?
The Odd Life Of Timothy Green. I liked it well enough.

33. What color shirt are you wearing?
A tribal print.

34. Summer or winter?
Summer, if I have to choose, but I'd rather Autumn.

35. Favorite dessert?
Normally I'd say Tiramisu, but when my BFF was up visiting we had some amazing creme brulee that may have converted me.

36. Strength training or cardio?
Strength training.

37. Computer or television?
Such an open ended question! If I had to choose one to live without, it would definitely by television, because I need my computer, but if you're asking which is my favorite time waster, it would have to be television.

38. What book are you reading now?
The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart. So far I love it!

39. What is on your mouse pad?
I don't have one right now - I just use my tablet mostly.

40. Favorite sound?
The night breeze.

41. Favorite genre of music?
Tough one... either oldies or whatever genre Andrea Bocelli falls into :)

42. What is the farthest you have been from home?
"You carry home with you." But the farthest place I've been from the physical place I live is probably Texas.

43. Do you have a special talent?
I write.

44. Where were you born?
San Diego, California!

45. Where are you living now?
Beautiful Maryland!

46. What color is your house?
White.

47. What color is your car?
Burnt orange!

48. Do you like answering 48 questions?
Sure! Easy blog post during a time when my mind if dry of ideas. :)

And these 14 questions are from Kellie over at Nothing Less Than Bread.

1. What's your favorite thing to do with you're feeling uninspired?
Sleep. :) I always dream, whether I sleep for ten minutes or ten hours, and a good dream is my best inspiration.

2. Tell us about a really great movie/show you've just discovered.
NCIS! I would kill to go work in that office, even if I was just the coffee-fetcher. :) Actually, I used to have a boss just like Gibbs, so that kind of cracks me up because a lot of the things his team does around him, I remember my coworkers and I doing, too.

3. What do you like to do to change your mood?
Again, sleeping tops my list, but a good long hot bubble bath is a good alternative.

4. Your favorite drink is currently...
A vanilla spice latte, if we're talking hot. Cold, I'm still hooked on virgin mojitos.

5. When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?
Sunshine!

6. What made you smile last?
Feeling the sunshine on my face today - it's gorgeous out and I love it!

7. What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?
Oh, gosh, I'm terrible at this sort of thing... I guess I'll try to give it a stab, though:
- Had A Bad Day by Daniel Powter
- Bring On The Wonder by Susan Enan
- Immenso by Andrea Bocelli
- Just Breathe by Pearl Jam
- Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid - the version sung by Jim Byrnes in the Sanctuary episode "Fugue"

8. What's at the top of your creative to-do list?
Finish that darn peplum top I've been working on!

9. The last thing you crossed off the above list was...
I refinished my dresser! Sanded, painted, and gave it new hardware!

10. Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please?
 It's not from a movie, but I heard the greatest quote on an NCIS episode last night, where Ziva goes undercover as a geek on a speed-dating service; the first guy tells her to "tell me about yourself" and she responds, "Well, I like computers... and that thing you do... with the yarn..."

11. The best thing about January is...
Well, my BFF comes to visit, but after that, nothing much comes to mind. January is kind of bleh.

12. The worst thing about January is...
That it's so darn long. And so far removed from spring.

13. What's your #1 resolution for 2013?
Keep on going!

14. And lastly, share a quote of verse that you've found inspiring lately:
Deuteronomy 33:27: "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

No comments: