Saturday, September 11, 2010

I noticed that Blogger put back up their "blogs of note" thingummy and they were featuring this blog, Hyperbole and a Half, as the blog of note. So I explored. Funny stuff! Especially this post, featuring the grammatically-produced Alot. Trust me, go check it out, especially if you're an English major. :)

Today was fun - I slept in (but of course - how else does one staycation?!?) and then got up and dressed just as Tracey and her kids came over. We had a good time hanging out, then she had to take her daughter to a soccer game, so I ran downtown to pick up some groceries, then once she returned we all went to a nearby discount grocery store and did some more shopping.

It's been a weird/crazy day and I've sort of been nibbling on things here and there, but I feel like I've been hungry all day, so I volunteered to cook dinner. I made chicken breasts in a little bit of BBQ sauce (I do so love BBQ sauce, but we rarely ever have it, and it's surprisingly low in calories/fat), some rice, grilled asparagus, and roasted butternut squash. I also cut up some honeydew melon for later - I've been craving melon so much lately!

Tracey reminded me that we're now less than 100 days out from Christmas. Funny that she mentioned it, because I've actually been thinking about Christmas lately, too! Time to start crafting and sale/ebay watching. On the other hand, I feel like Fall has just started, and I'm none too eager to rush it, being my favorite season. :)

While I was shopping for groceries at BJ's, I ran through their DVD section and found the last remaining copy of Stargate: SG1 season 8 for only $15. So of course it came home with me. :) I think the only season I don't have now is season 3. I glanced through the episode list and I remember now that Maggie and I agreed that season 8 may be one of our favorite seasons in the entire show, so I can't wait to go curl up with some chocolate kisses and enjoy it. :)

By the way, this seems to be the year to buy TV on DVD... I can't believe how many seasons on various TV shows I have picked up this year for under $20 that a few years ago were $50 or more - and I'm not even finding sales, just regular prices!

Sometime in the near future I think I'm going to take a weekend and get caught up on some of my fav shows - I still haven't seen the last two seasons of Lost (and it's killing me!), nor have I kept up with Warehouse 13, Sanctuary (I feel so guilty, Amanda Tapping!), or Bones. One of these days...

I am definitely beat, so I'm off to curl up with SG1. Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: