Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lots of Literary Fun going on here... :)

I've been indulging my love of old literature lately. Inspired by a movie I saw over the weekend, I decided to dive into Julius Caesar - I remember reading this years ago, but all I retained was the general memory of the plot, not the beauty of the language or the development or anything else. So I started rereading it again. I'm enjoying it so much! I have definitely forgotten almost all of it, so it's like having a new piece of literature! I'm enjoying it so much, I wish I'd taught it to my class. Back when I had a class (little bit of sadness, there, lol). If I get the opportunity to teach again, it's definitely going on the reading list!

It felt so good to get my literary side going again that I went ahead and got another resource page up on EdResource - this time all my Red Badge of Courage resources. Take a look! I loved teaching that novel - if you've never read it, go do it! I'll be glad to lend you a copy!

Yesterday marked my third week on Weight Watchers. I'm seeing results and haven't hit any true roadbumps - some small ones, sure, but nothing I couldn't handle yet. :) I'm excited about all these changes going on... especially since this is the time of year I normally want to crawl under a rock and disappear until spring, and so far I'm still feeling good and going strong. God is really good.

No comments: