Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's So Crazy-Cold!

People, it's so so so cold outside. Bitingly cold. Colder than it's been in years. Stupid Polar Vortex.

And yet, despite this, my pipes are unfrozen and the water is running in my trailer (albeit at a temperature that leaves you with no feeling at all left in your hands by the time you're done washing them).

Forgive me if I'm feeling a little victorious in a primal mastering-the-elements kind of way. Or if, during the last two nights, as I was getting up each hour or so, it might have crossed my mind a couple of times that I was essentially living in the Swan station. Either way, now that the worst is behind us and we're heading into a weekend filled with temperatures in the 50's and 60's - yay! - I'm looking forward to a full, uninterrupted night's sleep, getting back in the pool (though my swim school is still on winter break, I get to do assessments on Saturday, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it - I miss teaching so badly!), hanging out with Abigail (!!!), and maybe knocking a few things off of my to-do list. Or not. :)

No comments: