Monday, January 6, 2014

Snuggling Through The Cold

It's been raining all night and all morning. My trailer is surrounded by a couple of inches of water, which will no doubt be a layer of ice pretty soon, as the temperature has already begun dropping and the rain just turned to snow. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to the cold, but for once, I do feel like I'm pretty prepared. I have my pantry, fridge, and freezer stocked; I'm pretty sure I'll continue to have water no matter how cold it gets (although I have extra lamps and extension cords on hand, just in case I discover more susceptible spots); I have one full tank of propane and I'm still running off the other tank; my electric blanket and space heater are all ready to go; and, perhaps most importantly, I have a to-do list of things to do that are just perfect for this weather - stuff like washing a small mountain of dishes, cleaning out my microwave, crocheting up more stuff for my soon-to-launch Etsy shop, letting the girls out for a good scamper, catching up on my Bible reading, starting my 2014 reading list... and taking a nap. Cause it was almost 4 AM before I was able to fall asleep last night! Insane!

I'm thinking crockpot barbecued lentil sliders for dinner; it'll keep the kitchen warm and smell good all day. :)

No comments: