Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snowed In

So... snow. More snow.

So much snow that nobody went to school all week (kids might make it back tomorrow, but that's all, folks!) and I only made it out of the house today.

And you know, at first I was thinking, "Okay. This could be fun. Legit snowed in, no chance of getting out, I'm stocked on frozen pizza and hot chocolate and Doctor Who episodes, so... bring it on!"

And that worked really well for day one!

But then -

My waterline froze.

Grr.

A bit perplexed (because remember, we survived the stupid polar vortex just fine!), I went out and poured hot water on the faucet and the connector. This has always solved the problem before!

No dice. No water. Nothing.

I checked everything - the pipes leading to the faucet, the faucet, the hose, the connector - and I couldn't find the problem. Tried jiggling the waterline in case there was some ice buildup. Tried adding more foil tenting to the weak parts. Nothing.

I slept in the big house last night, feeling quite a bit defeated. In a bit I'm going to go out and disassemble, if necessary, my water system and thaw it completely, and then hope that solves whatever the problem was.

In the meantime, in between being stuck at home, trying to solve my H2O problems, and keeping the interior warm, I've been watching a lot of Doctor Who, so expect an update post soon.

No comments: