Sunday, January 26, 2014

Randomizer

- I got my waterline unfrozen and flowing again! Thank goodness... I was getting really, really frustrated, but it turns out the thermostat part of the heat tape was incorrectly placed. I defrosted the line with a combination of hot water and a hairdryer, repositioned the thermostat, and we've been good to go ever since. I'm hoping this is the last of my problems this year. :/

- I have a test day/working interview with a family this week and, get this, they have one year old triplets. :) I kind of laughed when I read this, as they said most other people ran screaming upon the news, but I'm willing to give it a shot. It'll be a long day - I have Abigail that morning, then I'll be working for them until I have to leave to go teach swim, which, by the way, has been extended another class! I'm excited about this. :)

- Allen and I made a pact; since I've seen most of Doctor Who seasons one, two, three, and four (albeit in different order, so I watched them again in order so the character development and storytelling would make sense), we both watched them at our own speed, and we'll watch seasons 5-7 together. I can't wait. We might have cheated a bit and watched the season opener to season 5, and now all the kids walk around saying randomly to each other, "Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans." "You're Scottish; fry something!" "And stay out!" But I really, really hope he finishes season four quickly so we can watch more!

- I'm really looking forward to celebrating the Chinese New Year on Friday. :) It's shaping up to be another crazy-busy week, and I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening with some friends, learning about another culture, and trying new foods.

- Spring fever has bit me hard. :( I found myself searching Pinterest for terms like "garden" and "outdoors" today; I added quite a few new pins to my "Outdoorsiness" board. I'm dying for the snow to melt and for the warm weather to return, to get my hands in some dirt, and to grow something. And to buy a birdfeeder - the birds on the bushes and field outside my trailer are crazy and I'd like a chance to get to see them up close. :)

No comments: