Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine's Day Ideas

I really love Valentine's Day (it's only two weeks away!!!), which some consider odd since I'm single. :) I don't care, I love celebrating with my other single girlfriends, hanging out with my family, and spreading some love around!

One of my favorite parts of this holiday is making Valentines with Abby for her classroom party. We started this tradition when she was in preschool, and I hope we carry it on for many years to come!

Here are some of my favorite valentine ideas for kids:

Butterfly valentines
(Abby and I made these for her class party last year. So adorbs!)


I'm so glad we're in the same school!
You make my heart glow!
Valentine Flowers!
Love bugs
Lollipop as balloon
Valentine "crackers"

I wish I could show you my absolute favorite-est valentine idea, but I can't, because I'm going to be giving them to my loved ones and I don't want to spoil the surprise! :)

Our "dinner and games night" club has already decided that our meeting in February is going to be Valentine-themed; in lieu of our usual dinner, we're going to just do desserts and finger-foods (mm!), play Valentine-themed party games, and do a Valentine exchange. Since I'm hosting, I can't wait to deck out the trailer in tons of pink, white, and sparkles! :)

I'm collecting games for us to play, such as a "Matchmaker" game, a candy-hearts Connect Four, and this one -
Stacking Heart Challenge: Making a tower of hearts isn't as easy as you think. This racing game creates shouts, cheers and laughter. You'll need to buy plenty of small conversation hearts, I recommend a few bags. The object of the game is to build the tallest tower in the allotted amount of time (30 seconds should do). When the time is up, the kids count the hearts to see who is the winner. Then the next to players have turn. This game is usually a big enough hit for each player to request another turn. (From Spoonful.com)
Single ladies, I'd love to hear from you about how you celebrate Valentine's Day! Do you hang with your family?  Do something special with your girlfriends? Good ideas are ALWAYS welcome! :)

No comments: