Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Foodie Fun

Recently on the Weight Watchers messageboards someone started a discussion about "go-to foods"... it made me start thinking about my personal favs. I've started building up quite a list!

I'm not a good breakfaster... that's probably my hardest meal of the day because I don't feel fully awake until after I've eaten and the temptation is really, really high to just eat SOMETHING to get going. For weekdays, I try to keep frozen breakfast foods on hand for grab-and-go mornings, or I throw instant oatmeal in my favorite covered mug. But on mornings when I'm home, I get a tad more creative.

I couldn't live without deli flats... 1 point per roll and no taste difference whatsoever. This particular morning I had some sesame or almond butter (I can't remember which), a sliced banana, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Maggie is always on me to eat more cinnamon - apparently it's a hunger suppressant. :)

I found these pears at the grocery store today - they're tiny, so they make the perfect midmorning or afternoon snack! Pears are great... lots of fiber. :)

I also found this fruit... it's a cactus pear! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it - time to go check our allrecipes.com.

Pretzels and Laughing Cow cheese is probably my favorite snack of all time... 10 mini-pretzels and one cheese round or wedge are only 2 points.

After hunting high and low, I finally found Laughing Cow light blue cheese. Love the spreadability- easier to squish between pretzels than the little rounds - but I'm kind of underwhelmed by the flavor. It has a slightly chemically taste. I'm going to try the spreadable swiss before going back to my rounds. :)

No comments: