Friday, October 29, 2010

More Foodie Fun

A couple of days ago, Natalie came home and said, "I stuck a box of peppers in your truck." Apparently she got a good deal on them and they needed to be eaten right away. I didn't really think much of it... until I got into my truck ten minutes later. The smell of the peppers nearly drove me nuts! I wanted to eat one SO BAD, lol! And I was thrilled by all the colors - red, green, orange, yellow, purple, and lots of in-betweens!

I came home and discovered my family was having roast chicken for dinner, which didn't sound all that great and was pretty high-point, so I decided to whip up some stuffed peppers.


Here are the peppers I'm using - aren't they yummy looking?

And here they are, all trimmed and ready to go!


I whipped up this filling of lean ground turkey, rice (I don't think I'd added the rice yet in this photo), a can of diced tomatoes, and some of my favorite HEB brand fajita seasoning - which, sadly, died in the making of this dish. Time to go to Texas and get some more. I wonder if I can order it online?

I think the points count for one stuffed pepper came to about 4 points, which wasn't bad at all. I had a ton of points left over so actually had a bowl of the new Honey Grahams cereal I'd picked up that day, too (4 points with milk). So yummy! I've never been a cold cereal person EVER, but my tastes seem to be changing... either that, or I'm just grateful to have something low-point to put in my mouth!

No comments: