Monday, October 4, 2010

Pictures!

So, some pictures from the fair and from today. I woke to more rain - bleh! - and couldn't stand the idea of being home all day when it already felt sooo sleepy, so Abby and I decided to go check out the aquarium with Maggie. It made a great outing since it was mostly indoors (we did duck out when it stopped raining for a bit to see the otters and the lighthouse) and tired her out completely. Ok, it tired me out, too. :)

Looking at these pictures makes me hate the rain even more. :( It was beautiful weather this weekend! Too bad it didn't last!


Allen, Ruth, Lizzie, and Anna waiting in line for the scrambler with me.
All buckled into the Scrambler and ready to go!
I love the scrambler! When I was little I remember that we ALWAYS went on the scrambler at the fair. It used to be my favorite ride, except that this year I discovered the Tilt-A-Whirl. Could anything be more fun?!?!? Seriously, I'm a huge carnival rides fan. I don't really do rollercoasters, I don't really do fair games, but I do so love my carnival rides.

Except for the ferris wheel. No ferris wheel for me. I'll stand on the ground and take pictures of the kids riding, instead. :)


Abby and I took Maggie to the local aquarium and then out for lunch this morning.

After lunch, we ducked into the coffeeshop next door and had a treat -macaroon for Abby, a WW-appropriate faux latte for me (house coffee with a shot of sugar-free caramel syrup, Sweet 'N Low, and a little half-and-half), and some house coffee with soy milk for Maggie. Have to say, if there's any place to be on a wet and cold day, it's tucked into a coffeeshop with an exceptional cup of joe!

In other news... The rain has somehow flooded the right side of my truck, and now my truck, and everything it it (and by extension, me!) smells kind of musty. I think my window may be leaking. It did this a few years ago, but my dad thought he'd solved the problem with some sealant. I guess it's time to do it again - in the meantime, I'm going to invest in some Febreze!!!

No comments: